The Photo Exhibition on Agriculture, Countryside and Farmers was held from June to October 2009 in the National Agricultural Center (CAM). It covered an area of 3000 square meters. The exhibition focused on the development of agriculture, of the current countryside, and the living condition of farmers, which showed a new image of contemporary Chinese agriculture, countryside and farmers, with abundant true-to-life photos, cultural relics, and multimedia demos, vividly presenting the development and the present situation of Chinese agriculture since the founding of the People’s Republic of China.
The contents of the exhibition is comprised of seven parts:
1. Footsteps of Spring (the Preface Hall) – This part shows the course of changes due to the agricultural management system and agricultural policies since the establishment of the People’s Republic of China in 1949, especially since the institution of the reform and opening-up policy in 1978.
2. Mother of Agriculture and Sericulture – This part introduces such agricultural resources as land, water, climate, plant cultivation, poultry and livestock.
3. Vast Resources in Agriculture – This part demonstrates such agricultural socioeconomic resources as agricultural infrastructure, agricultural mechanization, agricultural technology & information, and labor force.
4. Flower Blossoms in Rural Areas – This shows the agricultural developments and achievements in crop farming, animal husbandry, fishery, and township enterprises.
5. Glory in Spring and Fruits in Autumn – This mainly displays the great changes in the incomes and consumption of Chinese farmers due to the considerable development of agriculture and rural economy in China.
6. Happy Songs throughout the Land – This presents the social developments in terms of basic education, cultural development, medicine and public health, social security and poverty alleviation, and democracy building.
7. Beautiful Homeland – This reveals the urbanization and scenes of the new countryside.